Coronavirus Update – March 13, 2020
Coronavirus Update – March 13, 2020
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve. We remain in communication with Longmeadow’s Emergency Management personnel who provide us regular advice and guidance, as well as the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MPH), and LeadingAge, our national association of nonprofit providers.
Per the latest guidelines issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the town of Longmeadow, the following will be in place immediately at Glenmeadow:
- Access to the building is restricted to residents and essential personnel only and a screening procedure will be in place – this includes essential personnel, vendors, staff, etc. Everyone needs to use the main entrance of the building. Any needs for an exception should be discussed with Anne Thomas at 413-355-5950.
- Please be aware that caregivers hired privately will need to meet these criteria. If they don’t, it will be the family/responsible parties responsibility to coordinate care.
- Residents should postpone nonessential doctor’s visits and other appointments. If you need help coordinating that, please contact Meghan Reynolds at 413-355-5904.
- Trips by residents outside the building to run errands, visit family members, meet friends for cards, or eat in a restaurant should be stopped. Exposure to others will potentially impact you and everyone who lives here. We can help coordinate the pick up of essential items you need.
- If your pill box is maintained by a family member, we will arrange for Glenmeadow staff to do that for you. Please contact Emily Perkins at 413-355-5938.
- Deliveries of essential supplies by family members may be made to the main entrance and we will get them to residents.
- Residents who would prefer to stay with family members for the forseeable future are welcome to do so, but may not be allowed back in the building depending on the status of restrictions put in place by the state and federal agencies. Please contact Meghan Reynolds at 413-355-5904 if you are considering this option.
- Glenmeadow at Home clients will continue to receive care as we are able, but we may need to adjust care plans. We will continue to evaluate nonessential companion and auxiliary services and may suspend them if needed. Handyman services are suspended until further notice.
- Dining room seating configurations will change to allow for adherence to the social distancing guidelines (six feet). You will be directed to available seating – we appreciate your patience and understanding. Free delivery of meals to your apartment is available if you prefer.
- Continue to utilize standard infection control procedures:
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, using a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water frequently, and use hand sanitizer when you are not near a sink.
- Avoid close contact (within six feet) with others, regardless of whether they are exhibiting symptoms of being sick. If you are feeling sick, please contact a Glenmeadow nurse and/or your medical professional.
- Please educate yourself, but know that we are here to help. Emily Perkins at 413-355-5938 is available if you are uncertain as to symptoms or how to speak to your family and friends.
- Staggered resident information meetings will be held beginning this afternoon and continue as needed. As new information becomes available, we will share it with you by email, meetings, and in house channel 918. If we don’t have a current email, you will receive a hard copy mailing. If you aren’t receiving emails, please contact Laureen Ross at 413-355-5922, and provide your email address. All updates are also available in a binder at the Concierge desk.
- Public information will be shared on our website at glenmeadow.org/blog. Requests from the media be directed to Linda Edwards at 413-355-5908.
The safety and well-being of our residents is our priority. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. We understand you may have questions and concerns. Please feel free to call our main number at 413-567-7800 and the concierge will direct your call to the appropriate staff member, or contact Anne Thomas, Glenmeadow’s President and CEO, directly at 413-355-5950.